This is how that plot of 30 varas in front of the Calle Mayor or Real and 90 varas at the side of the road to Rio Feo or Mantua, (former name of the street to San Juan, now Calle Rafael Morales) will belong to Doña María Ignacia Forteza y Flores, daughter of the first owner, Don Luis Forteza. Although since 1844, in the plan of Casadeval, the city then only populated or villorio- a third of that parcel already occupied by ´´Casa Vivienda´´. And when the census is carried out in 1847, one of the 128 census houses is located in that place and is classified as ´´de embargo´´ and tejas´´. Its portal of two facades was rented in 1870 to the Círculo de Artesanos society of instruction and recreation for criollos, and it is in this time when the grilles and the railings were placed with cast iron (that are not of course the present ones).and already in 1889 its owner was Don José Alonso Gutiérrez, who gave part of the building in rent to have in it The Audience of the Criminal implanting in the room that is located exactly in the corner, the room of judgments (today gallery ´´Arturo Regueiro´´ ).
In January 1896 it was a hospital of blood, having entrance by the garage door towards the Main Street (present main entrance), without ceasing to be rented its portals and the corner of the building, and even in its most secluded room, by the street of San Juan a public kitchen was established to offer food to the poor of the village and to the reconcentrated ones, on the part of Alberto Herrera's wife. In 1911, when the Palace of Justice was built, the audience moved and the void was occupied by the Consistory or Consistorial House, that is to say, the Town Hall of Pinar del Río, which remained there until 1959.
From 1959 to 1961 it became the seat of the Municipal Government, there between July 4 and 9, 1960 was inaugurated the Casa de Cultura de Pinar del Río in its first stage, which would later have its seat in the current Palace of Marriages (formerly Liceo Pinareño) and then in 1965 when again the Municipal Government, then Poder Popular, who was in that place until 1992 when he delivered the property again to the House of Cultura´´Pedro Junco´´, which deteriorated until its closure by general repair, which ends in 2000, so it reopened this building on December 14 of that year.